Sunday, April 6, 2014

What a shame...

Den of the Beastly Bear

Hi Folks!

It is with a heavy heart I pass on the news of the passing of actor/comedian:
 John Pinette
1962-2014
R.I.P.

I personally saw John in concert 3 times, and went home sore from laughing each time.

His comedy mostly revolved around being a "big" guy in a normal sized world, something to which I could definitely relate.
That and food! Lol

That and he was genuinely a nice guy.

The last time I saw him was at the "Laugh Factory" in Royal Oak. Kathy and I went down with friends Jim & Melody Williams.

We took our seats and ordered up drinks.
I thought it prudent to hit the restroom before the show got started so excused myself and headed that way.

I made my way down the hall towards the restrooms.
That hall ran alongside stage right, past the backstage area and taking a sharp right, there you were.

As I turned the corner, I very nearly collided with John Pinette. We were both a little startled. He was a little shorter than I expected at about 5'8".

"Mr. Pinette..." I stammered as I stepped aside to let him pass. "we're so happy to have you back in Michigan!"

He graced me with one of those cherubic smiles, extended his hand and said:
"Thank you, it's good to be back..."
And as I shook his hand.
"I hope you enjoy the show!"

"I'm sure I will, this is our third time seeing you..."
I managed still finding my feet in this unexpected meeting.

"Well I appreciate you coming." A pat on the shoulder and he was gone as quick as he'd appeared.

I've met a few famous people and I've got to say, few would have shown such casual goodwill.

Rest well sir, we'll remember the laughs...Thank You!

Be Well Folks!

A deeply saddened Beastly Bear

6 comments:

  1. So sad, but how cool that you were able to enjoy his talent in person and actually meet the man behind the jokes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a great guy and one of the funniest guys I've ever seen!

      Delete
  2. Condolences my friend. I know that isn't the normal response, but ya know what? You're suffering a loss. The loss of a "friend" who gave you big hard belly laughs and that is a loss to us all. Laughter matters and the purveyors of such are greatly missed when their time is up.
    So my heart felt condolences to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a shame, I wanted to take my mom to see him...good clean comedy.
      At least I have DVD's and CD's so he will live forever in my mind!!!

      Delete
  3. Yeah I'm pretty bummed about it too. He's from MA too. He roomed in college w/ a friend of mine from high school. I loved his stand up. OMG he was so funny. You were lucky to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sorry JoJo!!! Your friend was so lucky to have known him! He was a very special guy, and he WILL be sorely missed!!!

      Delete