Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Who do I write like?

Den of The Beastly Bear

Hi Folks!

Found this cute little gadget you can drop on your blog...
I thought it kind of cool, so I stated dropping the text of a blog I'd written in the "Analyze" Box.



I write like
J. D. Salinger
I Write Like. Analyze your writing!
"J.D. Salinger"?!? Awesome....so I tried dropping another....got


I write like
Stephenie Meyer
I Write Like. Analyze your writing!
I thought this odd. Now I've never read any Stephanie Meyer, I do know she is famous for the "Twilight Series", so I don't know whether that's good or bad...Lol! 

See, to me everything I write sounds the same in my head. How could two blogs be so different as to engender comparisons to such different authors? So I tried again, using a longer sample by combining the "Consequences" trilogy...


I write like
Margaret Atwood
I Write Like. Analyze your writing!

Margaret Atwood?!?!? Her I've heard of from..."The Handmaiden's Tale". 

So, just for shits and giggles I wrote a few paragraphs of erotica in the "Analyze" box and low and behold I got...  

I write like
Anne Rice
I Write Like. Analyze your writing!
Anne Rice, hmmm yeah that fits...

So continuing to play, I got : Jack London, Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk(Fight Club), Margaret Mitchell, Cory Doctorow....multiples of several!

In other words I'm all over the place, Lol! 

I know it's all for fun, and at first I thought perhaps it was just a randomizer spitting out names...but give it the same post and you get the same answer!

My pride was hoping for Hemingway, or Steinbeck! lol.

Elmore Leonard would have been a nice comparison, or because my bank account could really use it, George R.R. Martin!!!

Anyway, it's fun and interesting but I don't think I'll add it permanently...give it a try, who do you write like?

Be Well!

Beastly Bear


12 comments:

  1. So in other words you are all kinds of awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested in what it says about you dear Kathy! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm getting curious to know what it will say about me. Are there any famous 3rd graders out there?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just copy/paste from an old post Michelle! Easy!!!

      Delete
  3. Yikes. I'm a little scared to know...although I'm not sure my blog is a good representation of my writing style. So many images now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, you could have a page or two of your book analyzed...just sayin'. Lol

      Delete
  4. I tried it and posted one of my fairy characters and it said I write like L. Frank Baum. I tried an entirely different post and I now write like P. G. Wodehouse. Need to do one more for another genre I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad Michelle! I didn't get either of those and I tried about twenty different posts!
      Lol!

      Delete
  5. I installed that app on my blog a few years ago...I was happy w/ Stephen King, more or less. I think anything would be better than Anne Rice though. I don't get the big attraction to her books at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing with Anne Rice, at least the "Interview with a Vampire" trilogy is that if you took out all the redundancy they'd only be half their length. Never been beat over the head with a concept by an author like reading Anne Rice!!!

      Delete
  6. I was James Joyce three times and Jane Austen three times. Not bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're way more consistent than I, lol!
      You could certainly have done a lot worse...

      Delete