Den of the Beastly Bear
Good Sunday evening folks!
Growing up, Sunday evenings were always the time for the big family dinner. Through the week, everyone kept different schedules, but Sunday evening you ate at home with your family...period.
When I got married my wife and I have always tried to maintain that tradition...unless I was off hunting.
There are no particular "rules" to Sunday dinner, other than we eat as a family, and usually at the dining room table. A huge green marble monstrosity we bought the year we bought our house...it seats 8!
It comes in handy at holidays but is a little big for everyday!
I may have mentioned before, but I cook!
In fact, I'm pretty damn good at it if I do say so myself!
The ability grew out of necessity growing up as Mom and Dad both worked, and as I hit high school I had a job after school as well...so if I wanted to eat (more than sandwiches) I had to figure it out!
Today I'd like to share tonight's Sunday dinner, super simple enchiladas!
You will need:
Preheat oven to 400°
- 1lb. Ground Sirloin
- 1 lg. Onion diced
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 envelope Taco seasoning
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 jar Picante Sauce (Pick you heat)
- 1 package lg. Flour Tortillas (8-10)
- 1 4-cup package Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Brown ground sirloin with the diced onion, drain.
- Add beans, chillies, corn and taco seasoning and as much water as the seasoning calls for. Heat until liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Mix soup and Picante together, set aside.
- In a clean towel, microwave tortillas just until warm and pliable
- Divide beef mixture so you have enough for the number of tortillas you have
- Put filling in tortilla and roll like a burrito
- Spay a baking dish with cooking spray and arrange filled tortillas in dish leaving a little room between them
- Cover with soup/Picante mixture
- Top with cheese
Bake for 20-30 min. until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown. Let cool about 10 min. before serving. Garnish with green onion. Enjoy!
I have also made this in a healthier version, substituting ground turkey, whole wheat tortillas, fat-free soup, and 2 cups each part skim mozzarella and fat-free mozzarella mixed. I swear to you it is just as good!!!
If you don't have a large family, they freeze and reheat well.
We get a couple of meals out of a pan.
I hope you try these and your family loves them as we do!