Den of the Beastly Bear
Everyone who's ever been in a relationship knows the dread that accompanies this phrase:
"We need to talk..."
But when you're married, the phrase that strikes fear and dread into the heart of husband's everywhere is this:
"You know, I've been thinking..."
Whenever I hear those words I know it's going to cost me...
It's either going to cost me:
Or all three!
Because the words that follow "You know, I've been thinking..." are never:
- "you need to go hunting/fishing more."
- "you should buy a new gun."
- "I think our next car should be a sports car!"
- "I don't give you near enough oral sex!"
- "I'm tired of these drapes, we should get new ones!" Are you kidding me? The only thing guys hate more than shopping for draperies is...well ok, there is NOTHING guys hate more than shopping for drapes! (Time/money/effort)
- "We should change around the furniture in the living/family room!" Ladies, guys never walk into a room...look around and say "I love this room, now how can I change it!" (Time/effort)
- "We should put bushes in, along/in front of _______" Note the Royal "we", which translates to "you" in most of these scenarios! Because other that picking them out, you know who's digging them holes and planting them! (Time/money/EFFORT)
- "You need to ________"
- "You should ________"
- "When are you going to ________"
Am I complaining? Not at all...
I fully realize I am lazy by nature, and often need a fire lit under my ass to get me to do things...that and I procrastinate.
Just every once in a while....we'd like that phrase to end differently!
Any of the above suggestions would be great! ;-)
Hope this brought a chuckle!